Incision is looking for a strong System Admin/DevOps Engineer
Incision (https://www.incision.care/) is an organization on a mission. We believe that everybody deserves the best surgical care. We help surgical professionals to share their skills and knowledge, and together impact surgery worldwide. Over the last few years, we have built Incision Academy and created online step-by-step guides for surgical procedures, including best practices for surgical operations. For the most important surgical procedures we have created 2D and 3D films with all anatomic context and related content (more than 400 now available online), using augmented reality and virtual reality applications. This is the foundation for our ambitious growth plan in the years to come, working towards our big hairy audacious goal of becoming the go-to platform for optimizing surgical care by 2030.
Incision is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England and endorsed by various surgical societies (including EHS, ESSO). Winner of the Accenture Innovation Award, Incision is a rapidly growing scale-up. Incision has its HQ in Amsterdam, and has representatives in many countries around the world.
We are offering a full-time position in the heart of Amsterdam in a pivotal time in our existence.
What are your key responsibilities:
- Hardware administration
- Standard software administration
- Network administration
- DNS administration
- Optimizing our cloud-based video-on-demand streaming platform (AWS)
- Other internal tool management (e.g.Atlassian, Mailchimp, Pipedrive)
- Automating our development and operational processes
- General IT support, troubleshooting and improving the level of IT literacy of the organization
Why would you want this job:
- Working on challenging problems (building true web-scale, cloud-native applications)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity for career growth
- The chance to be part of the next big thing in education and health
- Unique company culture
What essential skills and qualifications we expect you to have:
- Programming and scripting skills (any mainstream languages)
- DevOps and automation tools (we use GitLab, Netlify, npm, yarn, webpack…).
- Cloud computing experiences (we use Amazon AWS e.g. S3, Lambdas, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB…)
- Monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting skills
- Database management (we use MySQL / MariaDB and DynamoDB)
- Communicative skills to deal with different stakeholders
- Be able to watch videos of surgical procedures in high-resolution without fainting
If you are interested, contact our COO Elisabeth Stevens via email: email@example.com.
Send your resume and motivational letter (both in English)Apply now