Our standards-based online program is built to support new SP professionals in developing the competence and confidence they need, right from the start.
What is the Incision Academy Sterile Processing Program?
- Standards-based training program covering the new SP professional’s main areas of practice and the core components of SPD orientation
- Comprehensive online portfolio of high-quality courses emphasizing practical skills,
clinical rationale and impact on the operating room and patient care
- Structured onboarding framework that is easy to implement, simple to supervise, and promotes quality, consistency and safety across new SP practice
Challenges facing SP teams
- Understaffing creates an urgency to rapidly and cost-effectively train new staff.
- Traditional training comes with a large supervision burden, overstretching departments and impacting productivity.
- Learning materials and training programs are difficult to standardize, structure and supervise while maintaining SP capacity.
- Task-oriented training can lack formal structure, theory and background
- Limited foundational teaching can impact professional development, subject ownership and continued education.
- Pressured onboarding and high-volume workload can leave staff feeling undervalued and demotivated.
Why choose Incision?
Practical learning. We prioritize real-world scenarios to ensure new SP professionals are equipped with the skills they need to succeed, right from the start.
Optimized onboarding. By streamlining, structuring and standardizing the onboarding process, we help teams get up to speed and reduce the burden on existing staff.
The 'why'. We foster professional development, subject ownership and continued education by helping new professionals contextualize their vital role in the perioperative team.
Standardized structure. We deliver tried-and-trusted, high-quality learning material through an accredited online platform — ensuring that all new SP professionals receive the same high-quality training they deserve.
Incision provides high-quality, cost-effective solutions to support the whole operating room team. Our products are created for healthcare professionals, by healthcare professionals — dedicated to developing innovative approaches to share standardized best practices. Together with leading institutes across the world, we are committed to finding solutions that enable everyone to access the best standard of surgical care possible.