Abdominal Wall Incision - Chevron
This Abdominal Wall Incision – Chevron course will teach you:
- How to approach the abdominal cavity using a Chevron incision
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during this Abdominal Wall Incision – Chevron procedure:
- Superior epigastric vessels injury
- Accidental retroperitoneal access
With the following tips you might perform this Abdominal Wall Incision – Chevron procedure even better:
- Getting a better exposure
- Keeping enough distance from the costal arch
- Closure of the abdominal fascia
- Wound closure in case of peritonitis
You might also be interested in:
Step by step
Abdominal cavity approach
Mark the costal margin.
Incise the skin 2.5cm below the xiphoid process and extend to lateral about 2.5 cm below the costal margin. The incision can be extended to the lateral side if necessary.
Do you want to take the test of "Abdominal Wall Incision - Chevron"?
Try one of our offerings