Dilation and Curettage
This Dilation and Curettage course will teach you:
- The dilation of the cervix and the curettage of the uterus for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during the Dilation and Curettage:
- Uterine and bladder perforation
With the following tips you might perform the Dilation and Curettage even better:
- Specimen contamination prevention
- Increasing size of dilators
- Optimal collection of specimen
After studying this Dilation and Curettage course you are familiar with the most common complications:
- Uterine perforation
- Massive bleeding
- Ashermans syndrome
You might also be interested in:
Step by step
Inspect the pelvic structures, including the shape/size of the uterus by performing a bimanual palpation.
Uterine and bladder perforation
Voiding of urine preoperatively will prevent injury to the bladder and uterus by mechanically decompressing the organ.
Do you want to take the test of "Dilation and Curettage"?
Try one of our offerings