Abdominal Wall Incision - Lower Midline
This Abdominal Wall Incision – Lower Midline course will teach you:
- How to approach the abdominal cavity using a lower midline incision
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during this Abdominal Wall Incision – Lower Midline procedure:
- Necrosis due to firmly tying
With the following tips you might perform this Abdominal Wall Incision – Lower Midline procedure even better:
- Minimizing incision scarring
- Linea alba identification
- Opening of the peritoneum
- Closure of the peritoneum
- Subfascial knot
- Wound closure in case of peritonitis
You might also be interested in:
Step by step
Abdominal cavity approach
Incise the skin in the midline from the umbilicus to the pubic bone.
To minimize postoperative scarring, the skin incision is placed preferably over old incision scars.
Do you want to take the test of "Abdominal Wall Incision - Lower Midline"?
Try one of our offerings