This Tracheotomy course will teach you:
- To create an alternative airway in case of upper airway obstruction, paralysis or requirement of prolonged ventilation
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during the Tracheotomy:
- Paratracheal sutures injury
- Isthmus injury
- Resection part of anterior tracheal wall
With the following tips you might perform the Tracheotomy even better:
- Emergency tracheotomy: Cricothyrotomy
- Cuff protection
- Wetting the tube to facilitate insertion
- Partial withdrawal endotracheal tube
- Facilitating introduction of tracheotomy tube
- Applying neck tape to secure the tube
After studying the Tracheotomy course you are familiar with the most common complications:
- Tracheal bleeding
- Mucus plug
- Fausse route or early tube displacement
- Pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum
Step by step
Mark the following landmarks: the thyroid notch, the sternal notch and the cricoid cartilage.
Anesthetize the skin flaps.
Do you want to take the test of "Tracheotomy"?
Try one of our offerings