Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication
The Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication course will teach you:
- To create a Toupet fundoplication in which the fundus is partially wrapped (270 degrees) around the posterior esophagus, and sutured to the esophagus. This procedure is performed to resolve the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during the Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication:
- Neurovascular structures injury
- Vagus nerve injury
With the following tips you might perform the Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication even better:
- Creating of enough esophageal length
- Suture or mesh reinforcement of diaphragmatic hiatus closure
- Prevention of esophageal narrowing during hiatus closure using a bougie
After studying yhe Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication course you are familiar with the most common complications:
- Injury to vagus nerve
You might also be interested in:
Step by step
Abdominal cavity approach
1st Port, used for the 30º scope, supraumbilical. Place robotic trocars lateral of the rectus sheath at both sides, and subcostal at the right anterolateral side of the abdomen. Place assistant trocar (12mm) left in between the camera and the robotic trocars.
For the trocar placement technique, see the specific course.
Do you want to take the test of "Robot Assisted Toupet Fundoplication"?
Try one of our offerings