Tendon - Transfer Index Finger to Thumb
This Tendon – Transfer Index Finger to Thumb course will teach you:
- The tendon transfer from the extensor indicis proprius to the extensor pollicis longus tendon in order to restore the functionality and range of motion of the thumb after the repair.
Special attention is paid to the following hazards you may encounter during the Tendon – Transfer Index Finger to Thumb:
- Superficial branch of radial nerve injury
- Tendon tearing during suturing
With the following tips you might perform the Tendon – Transfer Index Finger to Thumb even better:
- Extensor indicis proper tendon encircling to facilitate dissection
- Extending index finger test
- Wrist incision determination
- Extensor indicis proper tendon identification
- Tenson fixation alternative: Pulvertaft maneuver
- Extensor pollicis longus tendon examination
After studying the Tendon – Transfer Index Finger to Thumb course you are familiar with the most common complications:
- Loss of sensation
- Loss of thumb range of motion
You might also be interested in:
Step by step
Mark on the skin a transverse line of 1 cm proximal to the second metacarpophalangeal joint on the ulnar side as the extensor indicis proprius tendon is positioned here.
Do you want to take the test of "Tendon - Transfer Index Finger to Thumb"?
Try one of our offerings