What is the Incision Academy Sterile Processing Program?
1. Standards-based training program covering the new SP professional’s main areas of practice and the core components of SPD orientation
2. Comprehensive online portfolio of high-quality courses emphasizing practical skills,
clinical rationale and impact on the operating room and patient care
3. Structured onboarding framework that is easy to implement, simple to supervise, and promotes quality, consistency and safety across new SP practice
Challenges facing SP teams
• Understaffing creates an urgency to rapidly • Task-oriented training can lack formal
and cost-effectively train new staff structure, theory and background
• Traditional training comes with a large • Limited foundational teaching can impact
supervision burden, overstretching professional development, subject departments and impacting productivity ownership and continued education
• Learning materials and training programs • Pressured onboarding and high-volume
are difficult to standardize, structure and workload can leave staff feeling
supervise while maintaining SP capacity undervalued and demotivated
Why choose Incision?
Practical learning. We prioritize real-world Optimized onboarding. By streamlining,
scenarios to ensure new SP professionals structuring and standardizing the
are equipped with the skills they need to onboarding process, we help teams get up to
succeed, right from the start. speed and reduce the burden on existing staff.
The “why.” We foster professional Standardized structure. We deliver tried-and-
development, subject ownership and -trusted, high-quality learning material
continued education by helping new through an accredited online platform —
professionals contextualize their vital role in ensuring that all new SP professionals receive
the perioperative team. the same high-quality training they deserve.
Content is aligned with industry-standard guidelines and examinations (HSPA,
CRCST, CNOR AAMI, AORN, etc.), placing specific emphasis on the rationale behind
reprocessing and nurturing continued learning and professional development.
Incision provides high-quality, cost-effective solutions
to support the whole operating room team. Our products
are created for healthcare professionals, by healthcare
professionals — dedicated to developing innovative
approaches to share standardized best practices.
Together with leading institutes across the world, we are
committed to finding solutions that enable everyone to
access the best standard of surgical care possible.